There’s always been something magical about the holiday season. If you close your eyes, try to remember the excitement of that last day of school before winter break. When you don’t have to adult anymore, you’re able to take in all of the holiday magic again that the Arlington area has to offer. The winter holidays in Elements at Viridian are a perfect end of the old year and a celebration to welcome the new one!
Elements and Viridian offers a wide variety of celebrations observing traditions from a rich, diverse cultural community. You don’t have to go far to celebrate as well as learn about the many celebrations happening this time of year. Read our Room to Celebrate blog about the Viridian and Elements resident events from October to February, celebrating holiday traditions from around the world.
There is so much more in and around Arlington as well as the greater DFW Metroplex, so if you have family in town, Viridian’s prime location in the heart of the Metroplex makes for easy holiday fun.
1. The Arlington Holiday Lights Parade is an annual fixture when thousands of people gather downtown for a parade and the lighting of the Christmas tree.
2. A visit to the Texas Christkindl Market, a fun and festive market where visitors come to shop, eat, and play and get into the holiday spirit.
3. The thrills at Six Flags Over Texas don’t end because stunning lights, a merry marketplace, and holiday attractions bring a Texas winter wonderland to the annual Holiday in the Park.
4. Shop Decorators Warehouse, the largest Christmas store in Texas and one of the largest in the world, located in Arlington!
5. Looking for some music to get you in the mood for the holidays? Arlington Music Hall has something for every taste from Blue Christmas to Marie Osmond Symphonic Christmas to Merry Motown Christmas to The Nutcracker!
1. ICE! returns this holiday season at Gaylord Texan Resort & Convention Center in Grapevine. Step into a wonderland carved by expert artisans out of two million pounds of colorful ice.
2. Make a short trip to the Dallas Arboretum for Holiday at the Arboretum, which treats visitors to a lighted tableau of the 12 Days of Christmas.
3. Nearby in Grapevine, TX is The Christmas Capital of Texas, where you can experience 40 days of festive fun with millions of lights, decorations, Christmas wine trains, and shows.
4. Lights, lights, and more lights! If you are a lover of light displays, you are in for a treat! Drive-thru displays include Prairie Lights, where you will be dazzled by 4 million lights; Dallas Zoo Lights, cruise the mile-long route; The Light Park, at Hurricane Harbor Arlington, with its one-mile light show all synced with holiday tunes; Gift of Lights at Texas Motor Speedway, a drive-thru holiday lighting spectacular around the track; Christmastime In Texas, a drive-thru Christmas light park is filled with hundreds of displays; Santa’s Country Christmas, two-mile drive-thru park includes lights, animals, and music.
5. Want to share some live holiday theater events? Nutcracker? A Christmas Carol? ‘Twas the Night Before Christmas? Charlie Brown’s Christmas… You even have a Magical Cirque Christmas and Disney on Ice for your holiday enjoyment! See the Dallas Theater list.
With a home in Elements at Viridian, you don’t have to adult all holiday season long. Thanks to easy maintenance homes with modern floor plans for entertaining by top builders, you can easily open your home to gather your loved ones close or just as easily lock-and-leave it for travel away to visit family. In either case, there is plenty nearby to make your holidays merry in your new home while you explore all the holiday cheer minutes from your front door!
New homesites have recently been released and new floor plans are available. Get on the interest list to learn more about the home options available, meet the builders and start planning your home in Elements at Viridian.
Subscribe to our email newsletter to get the latest community news and updates!