<< Back to Blog
Room to Explore: The BEST Things to do in Arlington, TX
If you’re relocating to Arlington (or even if you’ve lived here forever!), you’ll want to save this list, because it’s your ultimate guide to the BEST things to do in the city.
From being the home of the Dallas Cowboys to authentic eats from all over the world, Arlington is home to some of the BEST nature parks, outdoor spaces, sports complexes, restaurants, and museums.
Whether we’re working hard or playing hard, the city is a hub of growth, industry, nature, and entertainment, and the people who call it home have plenty of room to explore. We’re not exaggerating - Arlington, TX has it all, and Viridian residents know it!
Room to Explore: Discovering the Best of Arlington, TX
Arlington for Sports Buffs
Pro and college sports are a way of life! Centrally located between Dallas and Fort Worth, Arlington is a perfect place to nestle AT&T Stadium, the home of the Dallas Cowboys. However, that’s not the only team for sports fans.
- AT&T Stadium: The Home of the Dallas Cowboys! Watch home games with your favorite team in a massive state-of-the-art facility. You can even book a tour of the stadium itself or take a tour of the famous Dallas Cowboys Art Collection.
- Dallas Cowboys: Follow everything related to the Dallas Cowboys on the official website, including the team schedule, cheerleaders, and ways for fans to get involved right here in Arlington.
- Globe Life Field: The official home ballpark of the Texas Rangers is right here on Stadium Drive in Arlington. Baseball fans don’t have far to go to enjoy the game in a stunning facility.
- UT Arlington College Athletics: Fans of college sports can follow all the action with an entire host of sports including baseball, basketball, cross country, golf, tennis, track & field, and volleyball.
- College Park Center: The home of the WNBA Dallas Wings is conveniently located at the UT Arlington campus. The innovative energy-efficient stadium is home to the university’s men’s and women’s basketball and volleyball teams as well for exciting collegiate games.
Arlington for Kids
Kids growing up in Arlington are only a few miles away from exciting amusement parks, world-class museums, and TWO amazing zoos! You’re going to need more than a few weekends to enjoy all these hot spots.
Tip: These fan-favorite tourist spots are less crowded on the weekdays. Take advantage of living right here in Arlington to plan a weekday visit with the family and pack in more fun!
- Six Flags Over Texas: Fun is loud in this timeless amusement park where thrills like BATMAN™ The Ride, CATWOMAN Whip, and Texas SkyScreamer tower over visitors. Younger children have plenty of rides and shows to enjoy too!
- UTA Planetarium: Take a trip to the stars without leaving home. The planetarium has shared the wonders of the universe to the community for over 40 years.
- Free Play Arlington: Pinball anyone? This arcade has one of the largest collections of retro arcade games, and they’re constantly curating the collection. Meet you at PacMan.
- Veteran's Park: Looking for FREE family fun? This West Arlington public park is the only park with a disc golf course, plus horses, performing arts, practice fields, trails, and acres of green space to explore.
- Fort Worth Museum of Science and History: Learning is fun and engaging at this museum only a few miles from Arlington. This popular museum offers exciting exhibits and historical collections.
- Perot Museum of Nature and Science: Permanent exhibits include the Moody Family Children’s Museum, Being Human Hall, Lyda Hill Gems & Minerals Hall, and more. Your family will love expanding their horizons as you wander around this massive museum.
- Fort Worth Zoo & Dallas Zoo: Two different cities, two different zoos, and you’re so close to both of them when you live in Arlington. Get wild and support conservation while inspiring your family to protect the world’s wildlife.
- Dallas World Aquarium: Trek through a cloud forest, South America, Borneo, and more exotic locations without leaving home. The aquarium’s wildlife exhibits support their conservation efforts while allowing families to explore.
Arlington for Art Lovers
Theater. Dance. Fine Art. It’s all here. The city is even home to a beautiful sculpture trail and hosts The Gallery at the University of Texas at Arlington where up-and-coming college artists showcase their best. Fine collections mix with vibrant city life here!
- Arlington Museum of Art: Touring exhibits showcase the finest in thoughtful art from around the world.
- The Gallery at UT: BFA student exhibitions take the stage at the Gallery at UT Arlington. Be sure to check their hours on the website before you visit!
- Kimbell Art Museum: Looking for a show-stopping collection of fine art? Visit the Kimbell Art Museum. Indulge your inner art major with stunning sculptures, paintings, architecture, and limited-time exhibits.
- Theatre Arlington: Giving razzle-dazzle, drama, laughs, tears, and all the feelings in between for 40+ years! Check out the seasonal line-ups at Theatre Arlington on W. Main St.
- Sculpture Trail at Richard Greene Linear Park: Art is everywhere you go in Arlington, and one of the most stunning places to find it is in between Richard Greene and Robert Cluck Linear Parks. The sculpture trail is set against the backdrop of Globe Life Park and AT&T Stadium, offering visitors a trail of art and architecture.
Arlington for Nature Lovers
There are hundreds of acres of green space throughout Arlington, TX, including some fantastic nature preserves that are perfect for exploring and getting outdoors. The preserves, like River Legacy, are a bird watcher’s paradise, and the scenic trails at the nearby Fort Worth Botanic Garden are worth the short drive. Here are our favorite places to enjoy nature in and around the city.
- Arlington Parks & Recreation – Find a full directory of the over 80 parks, playgrounds, and trails on the official City of Arlington website.
- River Legacy – A non-profit nature park with picnic areas, paved trails, pavilions, river overlooks, and playgrounds. This 1,300-acre nature park also offers classes, interactive exhibits to learn about local wildlife, and events.
- Southwest Nature Preserve – A 59-acre nature preserve with three beautiful ponds, a fishing pier, outdoor seating, and dramatic views. Hike or bike the day away while immersing yourself in the beauty of local plant life.
- Cedar Ridge Preserve – Only a short drive away in Dallas, TX, enjoy prime bird watching and tree-lined trails in this nature preserve maintained by Audubon
- Fort Worth Botanic Garden: A partner of the Botanical Research Institute of Texas, this botanic garden showcases rose gardens, backyard vegetable gardens, a Japanese garden, and more. A perfect, scenic stroll with the family.
BONUS! Arlington for Cyclists & Hikers
Pack your bikes and get ready to hit some bike trails! There are a lot of them, and you can find the best ones on the user-generated trail map on TrailLink. This fantastic app and website covers 100+ trails covering 400+ miles in Arlington, and you can sort to see which trails are best for biking, running, or simply walking. It’s perfect for finding your best local trails and user reviews.
Arlington for the Shopaholic
Of course, Arlington has places to shop ‘til you drop. The city is home to premier shopping options that bring all of your favorite brick-and-mortar shops together. You can even snag some amazing deals at the nearby Grand Prairie Outlets only a short drive away.
- The Parks Mall at Arlington – Over 170 retail favorites abound in this indoor mall. Families can play together with ice skating, carousel rides, and a movie theater.
- Arlington Highlands – This vibrant outdoor shopping center lets you shop, dine, and play in the heart of Arlington with a variety of shops, services, and restaurants.
- Lincoln Square – Conveniently located in the Entertainment District, over 30 retail tenants offer a wide variety of services including clothing, nail shops, wellness products, and restaurants.
- Grand Prairie Premium Outlets – A Simon Premium Outlet with outlet stores for top brands. This outdoor covered shopping center offers dining and playing options for a perfect day of shopping with the family.
The Best Restaurants in Arlington, TX
Arlington for Foodies (THE BIG LIST!)
A guide about Arlington wouldn’t be complete without sharing local favorites. Trying out the food scene is probably one of the first things you’ll want to explore when you relocate to Arlington, and these restaurants won’t disappoint. The city offers everything from soul food, European fare, Texas BBQ, top-rated Thai, fine dining, and everything in between! We dare you to try every place on this list.
Prefer to get gourmet at home? Get the scoop on Arlington’s food scene at Arlington Foodies, a “secret” Arlington, Texas-based foodie community designed to help build and grow our local venues while establishing a friendly, fun atmosphere for the city's residents.” Learn more about their produce co-op, farmer’s market, and influence in the Arlington restaurant scene. Get fresh produce for expert prep at home or plan on your next culinary outing with some local experts.
Hidden Gems: Did you know? The best pierogi in town can be found at A Taste of Europe, a local restaurant offering authentic East European meals. Come hungry and enjoy Russian, Polish, and German delicacies that have even been featured on Food Network’s Diners, Drive-ins, and Dives. The restaurant also has an in-house market so you can take home delicious souvenirs like wine, caviar, and frozen food.
Local Favorite Restaurants
Coffee Shops and Bakeries
- Inclusion Coffee – Expertly pulled espresso and lattes in Downtown Arlington.
- Sugar Bee Sweets Bakery – Located in Downtown Arlington specializing in wedding and special event cakes, but also serving cupcakes, cake balls, breakfast pastries, and pies by the slice!
- Salter Bros. Coffee Roasters – Locally roasted small-batch coffee producer with a brick-and-mortar location to get a cup in Downtown Arlington.
- White Rhino Coffee Arlington – Vibrant coffee shop with hand-crafted coffee and exciting seasonal drinks.
Wine Bars, Beer Gardens, Breweries, Pubs, & Distilleries in Arlington
- J. Gilligan’s - Locally owned and operated and a staple of the Arlington community. This bar and grill offers perfect patio seating 7 days a week in downtown Arlington.
- The Grease Monkey Burger Shop & Social Club – Located in the historic area of Arlington, this bar and grill serves up must-try burgers in a vibrant atmosphere.
- Urban Alchemy – Home to the “Bear and Squirrel” bronze sculpture. A coffee and wine bar located in Downtown Arlington with coffee, craft beer, wine, and bites.
- 4 Kahunas Tiki Lounge – A tropical island getaway in the heart of Arlington with hand-crafted tiki cocktails in themed glasses.
- On Tap – A no-frills craft beer garden with over 50 rotating taps for beer, mead, cider, and more.
- R. Bentley's English Pub – British food favorites, cold beer, and an inviting atmosphere in this local favorite pub.
- Division Brewing – Arlington’s first locally owned and operated brewery with craft beers on tap.
- Hooligan's Pub – An Irish pub with traditional pub fare and live music in Downtown Arlington.
- The Tipsy Oak – Restaurant and bar with a massive tree-covered patio with live music, creative cocktails, good food, and craft beer on tap.
- Kool Keg – An Arlington establishment since 1982 with a large selection of beer kegs, margarita machines, and a beer garden.
- Legal Draft Beer Co. – A vibrant taproom and brewery only one mile from the Entertainment District with outdoor and indoor seating.
- Mavericks Bar & Grill – A favorite sports bar and grill for post-game food and drinks near AT&T Stadium.
Why It’s Great to Live in Arlington, TX
Not only is there so much to do and enjoy, but residents in Arlington also live close to world-class hospital systems and thriving employment centers. You don’t just reside in this city, you live and thrive here both professionally and personally.
Arlington’s Top Employers
According to Arlington’s Department of Economic Development, local economic development efforts include growth in aerospace, automotive, professional & business services, medical devices, and industrial machinery. Education also plays a huge role in employment – City of Arlington reports that Arlington ISD alone employs 8,500 people and the University of Texas at Arlington has 5,300 employees.
Explore the area’s top employers.
Healthcare and Hospitals in Arlington
Live well and sleep easy knowing that world-class hospital systems are right here in the city. These top-rated medical institutions include everything from emergency and intensive care to all kinds of medical specialists.
- Texas Health Resources- Find the exact type of medical care you need with Texas Health Resources, a nonprofit health system connecting patients with preventative care, hospitals, outpatient care, wellness services, and home health. This healthcare network employs 600+ physicians and 350+ PAs and NPs with the Texas Health Physicians Group.
- Texas Health Arlington Memorial – A Level IV Trauma Center and Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit located in the heart of Arlington to care for patients of all ages.
- Kindred Hospital Tarrant County – Arlington – Extended care for patients who need pulmonary, stroke, organ transplant, and other types of transitional care, conveniently located near Downtown Arlington.
- Dallas Medical Center – Nationally recognized care is only a few miles away at the Dallas Medical Center. The medical center employs over 1,000 professionals to offer cardiology services, primary care, critical care, and more.
- Texas Oncology – Arlington South – Top-tier cancer treatment in a facility close to home. A convenient location for chemotherapy and infusion treatments, radiation, immunotherapy, and a team of local cancer specialists.
Where Will You Explore?
The Viridian Life is more than enjoying our community’s resort-style amenities, parks, and nearby commercial amenities. Our world-class new home builders might even be able to share some other hidden gems to check out as they work with you to craft your dream home.
There’s a lot to explore in Arlington: start your home search so you can be in the center of it!
See Available Homes